Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm a GUY

I was sitting at my desk today doing some busy work during lunch and started playing some of the music I have stored in I-Tunes. The very first lyrics in the song came out loud and clear to me: "Everybody needs a little time away..." by the mellow group Chicago.

This is true for most couples as we all need a little time away from each other to re-energize, but when you've been away almost four years into a five-year marriage, I think the title of this song is more apropos: "Hard to say I'm sorry."

Staying at the "EZ" is not the most appealing place to be away from home, alone and trying to keep a relationship interesting. Especially when you're a GUY!

If I don't have much to say on the phone when my wife calls (probably because I'm watching football), it's still "Hard to say I'm sorry." Why? Because I'm a GUY!

Last week was not a good time to be away from home. Domenica was not feeling well, the heat wasn't working properly in our home and her puppy was being a royal pain in the BUTT!

She called me yesterday hoping to get a little sympathy and all she got was...,

well... let's just say:

I'm a GUY!

So I continue singing...

"Everybody needs a little time away,

I heard her say,

from each other.

Even lovers need a holiday,

far away

from each other.

Hold me now,

It's hard for me to say I'm sorry.

I just want you to stay.

After all that We've been through,

I will make it up to you.

I promise to.

And after all that's been said and done,

you're just the part of me I can't let go."


Why?


CUZ I'M A GUY !!! I LOVE YOU!

2 comments:

Mia said...

"I'm just a Woman" says "OMG who are you and what have you done with my husband!"
This blog really touched my heart sweetie....I miss and love you too.
PS Wish you had wrote this sooner so I wouldn't have spent the last hour out spending your money on crap...lol

1SG Martinez said...

1LT Sarratt, if it makes you feel any better, I too am just a guy and my wife has spent alot of my money over the years too which I'm sure I could have avoided if I had just said, I'm sorry.

And, oh by the way, my better half is here looking over my shoulder and asked me to ask "D" when she wants to go shopping!

Did we think we could save money and pay off bills during this deployment? Not!